Friday, November 12, 2010

A now it all makes sense ...


Ashton likes to come into Mommy & Daddy's bed in the middle of the night ... probably happens 4 times a week, maybe 5. But she is really a wiggle worm and does a lot of touching. Kind of thought "that's just the way she is" ... but at times she is dead to the world and doesn't move a muscle. So why does she squirm and slap us around so much?

Mystery solved. Stayed up a little later than normal last night to watch my first Laker game of the year (they had won their first 8 but lost the first time I watched ... go figure). So by the time I was climbing into bed, sweetheart Cindy was already sawing logs ... and they must have been big Redwoods dropping judging from the amps on that saw she was using on those logs. I couldn't sleep, much less hear myself think. But every time I rolled over or jostled the bed, there would be a momentary pause in the snoring. And every time I touched her, again, another peaceful moment of silent bliss. The problem is the more I bounce the bed or touch the queen, the more I put myself in the warpath of the sleeping princess. The answer? Another sweatheart who is more than willing to jostle the bed or smack the queen. So I went to her room, scooped her up, and brought her to bed to do her dirty work and take the heat should any come. Dirty trick, I know ... but really effective.

But a funny thing happened last night. As soon as Ashton was in bed, Cindy's snoring noticeably decreased a few dozen decibels. Do you think her 'mommy' instinct took over and her level of deep sleep changed knowing a sweetie was in bed with her? Just wondering.

For the record, I am not the quietest sleeper on the planet and have taken my fair share of 'sweetie' slaps in the middle of the night. But at least now I'll understand the method to her madness. But what do we do when she's 18? Get a dog?

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I don't know what I think about this. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do... true or not, that was funny! hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time, put Ashton in bed with Cindy and then go sleep in Ashton's bed. Maybe you all will sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "smack the queen"...You are so funny. I literally laughed out loud at that one. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny. I like the idea of sleeping in the princess's bed. But I do suggest you don't smack the queen. She has been known to take out anyone that messes with her. I have been called to the principles office more than once because Cindy punched out some guy. And my response, "Good for her."

    ReplyDelete