Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tommy Lasorda, where are you?

As a naive kid, I put a lot of heart and soul in to my routing interest ... and needless to say I'm very much still a kid. And I remember game after game Tommy Lasorda talking about how fortunate the Dodgers where to have the Big Blue Guy in the Sky shining down on them. They won a lot of games in which the balls landed barely fair for the Dodgers and barely foul for the bad guys. Mike Socissa couldn't hit a fly ball past second base but in a Game 6 against the Mets he hit one over the centerfield wall. How!? Why!? The Dodger Eye in the Sky of course. Kirk Gibson could barely walk or swing or stand and yet that ball traveled 400 feet. How!? The Dodger Eye in the Sky of course.

Well he must not be a Dodger fan anymore. O'Malley sold him when he sold the rest of the Dodgers to Fox Corp. And I'm not sure who that guy roots for these days, but today he was wearing Ute Red and I want to puke!!

Every single bounce went their way, and not just a few of them. I can think of 8 that could have bounced anywhere and every single time it went the Utes direction. Yes, we should have still won and made some big mistakes, but where is the justice!? The first Ute TD hit the db in the arm and it could have been caught by him or bounced right to Rich for the int but instead bounced right into the arms of the Ute. A early fumble hit Rich right in the hand and went out of bounds. The punt took an abrupt right hand turn and hit the BYU guy's foot. A BYU fumble went right to the Ute defender. A call that should have been overturned wasn't because the Ref blocked the only camera the TV had on the play. I could go on but I think I need to go throw up!!!

7 comments:

  1. and on the last matchup between the two schools. utes will have something to smack talk about for EVER. bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James did throw up and mom felt like for two days. You are right about every bounce going their way but even so, that fumble call should have been over turned and the whole world knew it. It should never should have come down to a field goal. Now I had better quit or I might fill up mom's trash can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still play them. It's not forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a sad day in Mudville. What a lousy way to end the season. We should have won. But at least we aren't the Boise state kicker. I am sure he had to drop out of school and move to the east coast. Luckily, there is always somebody who did worse than us, so that we can say, "At least we aren't..." Sad, sad, sad! I can't talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And if I listen to Elder Uchdorf, I can't even be happy that Utah has serious foundational issues going into the Pac-12 next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was his Priesthood session talk about pride, especially in sports, and not feeling happy when other people fail (or in the case of Utah, are going to fail).

    ReplyDelete