Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The smaller house in the neighborhood

Just took the family thru the open house for the Draper Temple. Very nice, very clean and elegant, amazing chandiler in the celestial room, really nice (and really elegant) open house in the adjacent stake center that made the Riverside Temple Open House very Riverside-ish in comparison .... we had a nice time.

BUT HOLY COW, CAN WE TOUR THE BIGGER HOUSES IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!?!!! A COUPLE OF THE HOUSES, err I mean castles DUE SOUTH FROM THE TEMPLE MAKE THE TEMPLE LOOK LIKE THE GUEST HOUSE AND I'M NOT EXAGGERATING HERE!!!!!

One temple worker told me he felt like the temple was merely an annex to next door. In hind sight, I would have made the temple out of the brillant white stone to help it stand out a little. Of course, the temple also wasn't for sell like much of the neighborhood ... or should I say foreclosed like much of the neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. I guess the answer is yes, you can tour the neighborhood if they are all for sale. Just get yourself a realtor and have some fun! Now if Steve's Dad heard me suggest that, he would be very mad, so just pretend I didn't just say that.

    I haven't been to the open house, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about it. Glad you went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you got to go to the temple open house. I've been wanting too. I think that going through the other houses would be fun too. Too bad that they had to foreclose.

    ReplyDelete