Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mad Game or Pure Talent?

In the arena of life that we call "the ladies" in our home, Craig has been and continues to be by far the most successful Player that we have. First day riding the bus to school, a girl demanded he sit next to her. A couple of evenings ago, 3 girls stood across the street pointing at our house. I noticed it first, not understanding what they were doing. Craig noticed them and stepped outside to say Hi and that sent the 3 girls running and screaming and giggling 'there he is ... there he is'.

I then watched and wondered as I saw the very elementary school style interaction continue. I saw a number of holes in Craig's game, or at least elements to it that I would deem flawed. I started wondering if Craig was just adapting to the elementary game and that in his own brillance he was just showing a mastery of the game. No one can doubt or question the results. It's a game he is winning and winning easily. But is it brillant, mad skills or just dominating lesser competition with raw, pure talent? Will his game adapt as the level of play increases in middle school? High School? College?

3 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to welcome you to the blogging world. And secondly, it is no surprise that Craig is a ladies man, I think just about everyone in the fam had that one pegged from the beginning. He is not only a looker, but there's just something about his personality... Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We demand an explanation of the blog name. Saperveder? What does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!!!! Good to see you! I hope this keeps up! I'll say that Craig is just one of those kids that is attentive to others, and girls LOVE attention. One day those 3 girls will be cat fighting over them.

    ReplyDelete