Sunday, September 5, 2010

Daniel's testimony


Daniel stood up in church today and testified, "I live my life by a scripture ... 'Fear not man, but fear God'. Amen" and then sat down. And now I'm left sitting here wishing another Daniel, this one from Old Testament days, were here to give me the "interpretation thereof" of our Daniel's testamony.

His Mom's interpretation was that Daniel is less concerned about being embarrassed by his actions and more concerned that he's doing the right thing. If his friend's are doing or watching something inappropriate, Daniel is less concerned if they make fun of him if he doesn't participate, and more concerned he's doing what is right in the sight of God. I like her interpretation, but she loves him and I wonder just how rosy and thick are the glasses she's wearing. As for me, I just wonder what he was thinking at the moment he said it. I heard a whole sermon on 'all parents, teachers, leaders be damned! I march to my own drum and God will judge me not anyone else!'.

Perhaps had he said 'fear not man, but fear God and fear Mom likeunto It' I would rest a little better tonite.

7 comments:

  1. At least it was better than my testimony about how the 2-QB system might actually be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cindy. What's to understand? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a good laugh. I needed that after today. Our testimony meeting today was odd. I think that Daniel's method of clear, concise and to the point is much better than those who ramble on for 5 minutes and never really make a point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Brett. right to the point. Believe it, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Cindy's explaination was right on. She must have been "in tune".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cindy and with Brett. We should all fear God and not worry about the world. I am impressed Daniel. Continue to keep us on the straight and narrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You want Daniel to march to his own tune. It is called agency and it is called personal testimony. Of course you hope meekness is part of that tune.

    ReplyDelete