Thursday, December 9, 2010

So what's in a dream?


So Ashton had a very slight "sniffle" last night when she climbed into our bed at 3:37 AM. Oh, and apparently her cheek hurt. Oh and her pajamas were made of the same materials as blankets, so even though she was sleeping in between Cindy and me, she didn't need any covers -- on a night that was like 10 degrees outside -- and it's hard to somehow have both Cindy and myself bundled while the YAHOO in the middle is not.

Long story short, by 5:18 AM my patience was at an end. I had already left the bedroom with her, drugged her with Benedryl, and watched "sweetie" cartoons with her. And she was still not asleep & she was still a miserable soul. So I pawned her off on Cindy.

And in the few moments of sleep that I got after pawning her off (I probably only got about 40 or so) I had a dream. And in this dream, Ashton was eaten by a bear.

5 comments:

  1. Let's not read too much into it. That is pretty sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that last comment was by Mom. Did it sound like Jim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my defense, I was pretty upset in the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. once I had a dream where I cut up "that stupid cat" into pieces and then ate it raw while it was still alive, and its section that had its front paws were trying to run from me. i don't read too much into dreams any more.

    ReplyDelete