Saturday, December 4, 2010

I think Scrooge was on to something.

Worse than the over-commercialization of Xmas, is the over activity of Xmas. Every work group has their own Xmas party. The management team has their own Xmas party. The ward has a Xmas party, the young men / young women, the primary, Ashton's gymnastics group, 3 kids at 3 different schools means 3 different Xmas things. And not being a big fan of people, this is a problem.

Now Scrooge got his visits by the 3 ghosts and when it was all said and done he had Christmas Day to spread joy. And that's fine and dandy. Anyone can do a day. But had the 3 ghosts visited on December 3rd and Scrooge had to attend as many functions as me, my guess is that he would have told Marley to go take a flying leap!

6 comments:

  1. I'd like to comment, but I have to run to my second christmas party of today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. We have become over-scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite line from this post:
    "And not being a big fan of people, this is a problem."

    I totally agree...except since our kids are still relatively small and James and I are total homebodies, we are not over-scheduled...yet. Hope it never gets that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever... Christmas parties, bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and when where you ever not a fan of people?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ignore the parties. When the kids were home, we had to go to all of the parties and have a few of our own. But now, except for a family party, I am a scrooge too. I want the peace and quiet of the holiday. Bah humbug!

    ReplyDelete